Total Phase Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer
The versatile Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer is the ideal tool for the embedded engineer who is developing an I2C, SPI, or MDIO based product. The Beagle analyzer provides a high performance bus monitoring solution in a small, portable package. Perfect for engineers in the field and in the lab.
- Non-intrusively monitor I2C up to 4 MHz
- Non-intrusively monitor SPI up to 24 MHz
- Non-intrusively monitor MDIO up to 2.5 MHz (Clause 22 and Clause 45)
- Real-Time Data Capture and Display - Watch I2C, and SPI packets as they occur on the bus.
- Bit-level timing down to 20 ns resolution.
- Fully Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X compatible
- Includes full function monitoring tools
Beagle adapter specifications
- Hardware version: 1.00
- Firmware version: 5.11
Software is freely available (download from Total Phase), but you need to register before you can download it. Linux, Windows and Mac OS X is supported.
The Data Center Software is a free bus monitoring software that captures and displays USB, USB Type-C Power Delivery, I2C, SPI, eSPI and CAN bus data through the Beagle™, USB Power Delivery, and Promira™ platform line of hardware protocol analyzers and the Komodo™ line of CAN interfaces. Data Center is the only protocol analysis software in the industry with true real time performance and cross-platform support for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Beagle software API
Beagle Software API Rosetta Language Bindings - 32-bit and 64-bit Software API and Shared Library for C, C#, Python 2/3, .NET, VB.NET, and VB6. Note that this software requires an update of the Beagle USB 5000 analyzer firmware to version 2.00. Please read the UPGRADE.txt in the package because some API calls have been changed.
The Beagle LabVIEW Driver is a free and open-source LabVIEW Instrument Driver for the Beagle Protocol Analyzers. This version supports LabVIEW 2017 and above.
- installed Data Center on my machine, attached the Beagle adapter, started Data Center. The program is slow to start, might have to do with the "auto-connect to adapter" feature. Yes, if I turn off auto-connect in preferences, the program starts up quickly. The "connect to adapter" part is still slow. Tingo (diskusjon) 14. sep. 2020 kl. 15:44 (CEST)
- Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer
- Actual SPI capture performance is dependent on CPU speed and SPI bus throughput. 24 MHz SPI capture has been tested for typical applications (e.g., captures of a few hundred SPI packets). Depending on user configuration, the maximum achievable capture throughput for continuous streaming applications may be less than 24 MHz.
- MDIO monitoring is available in the current versions of the API and version 2.20 of Data Center
- Data Center
- Beagle Software API
- Beagle LabVIEW Driver
- User Manual
- Quick start Guide